Trying again.....

BEWARE! AVOID THIS SHOP AT ALL COSTS!!!

Trying to return faulty goods to the Orange shop in Scarborough is likley to be a bit of a problem if you paid by any kind of card.

While trying to return a blue tooth head set I was asked to place my card in the machine and enter my pin number. This I did. The next thing I know my card is rendered useless and I have to wait for the bank to re activate my card, which will take days!!!!

Then they have the nerve to tell me that despite the fact that they sold me faulty goods, messed up my card and left me with no way to access any money, they refused to allow the refund in cash!!!!

When I question this and refuse to accept this answer the manager tells me she will call the police!!!

You are asking yourself, "what did he do"? Shout and Swear? raise his fists?
No. I did none of those things. I did not even raise my voice.

I simply refused to accept the decision of the manager.

That in her opinion is reason to call the police!! Just disagree with her and that's what you get!!!

This is how the manager at the Orange shop in Scarborough deals with a complaint.

  • They sell faulty goods
  • They destroy a bank card leaving you with no access to your account
  • They refuse to refund you, using the fact that your card no longer works as the excuse for not refunding you.
  • They will not give you cash, despite accepting cash as a method of payment and the fact that the reason you have no card to accept the refund is their machine invalidated your card!!!!!
  • When you complain, they threaten to call the police!!!
When I still refused to leave and told her to call the police if she felt she could justify the call. She would not. Knowing full well I had done nothing except demand, (in a restrained and polite manner) a refund. She once again retreated behind the company policy rubbish.

In the end I left the shop and left the head set. I want nothing further to do with that shop or the horrible woman who Orange have put there to manage and look after the customers.

My disgust with her behaviour lead me to write this blogg in the hope that it will warn others away from doing business with the Orange Shop in Scarborough. At least until she is removed as manager.

SO BE WARNED!

  • I HAVE LOST £39.99
  • BEEN THREATENED WITH POLICE ACTION
  • BEEN INSULTED
All because I made the mistake of buying goods from the Orange Shop in Scarborough.

(Update)
Well I finally got the refund! It was touch and go there for a while, but the staff were far more competent than the manager. At first the till tried to refuse the card and I thought they would mess up the new card as well. But a quick thinking shop assistant decided to use another terminal and it was accepted!

This limited success does not however excuse the ignorant management of the shop or the inherent unfairness of the refund policy of Orange.

In this day and age when people swap banks and credit cards as often as we do, to take advantage of better interest rates, or just to get better service, it is unacceptable to allow Orange to refuse a refund on the basis that the card used to purchase the item is no longer in use. This is especially irritating when the card is no longer available due to the incompetence of Orange itself!!!

The attitude taken by Orange is arrogant. Although I have the refund I still feel angry about the way I was treated and threatened for simply trying to politely exercise my rights as a consumer.

Why should the consumer suffer for the incompetence of the retailer?

Why should the consumer be left without access to their bank account?

Why should it be the consumer who has to take time off to sort out the mess created by the retailer?

Why should the consumer have to tolerate insults from the retailer when the retailer is at fault.

They act as if it is the fault of the customer for buying faulty goods.

Well anyway I have forwarded the address of this blog to the home address of one of the directors of Orange. Not that I believe anything will be done but I really hope that manageress gets the sack!

No comments: